Smeg has received a number of important prizes and awards over the years from leading institutions and international magazines as a result of its deep understanding of aesthetics and the quality of its appliances.
RModena Domotics prize: In 2007 Smeg won the Modena Domotics Competition for its HQ, named one of the most innovative sites in Italy thanks to its intelligent consumption management and it being an example of sustainable development policies in action
Dedalo and Minosse International Prize: in 2008, Smeg won this competition, organised by an Italian association of professional architects, ALA - Assoarchitetti, for the architectural design of company HQ.
Wallpaper Design Award: In 2009, the oven and hob from the Newson range received the Best Domestic Appliance award from the illustrious international magazine.
Good Design Award: each year the Chicago Athenaeum Museum (museum of Architecture and Design) and the European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies give prestigious “Good Design Awards” to products that are recognised for their design excellence – products that can enrich society and people’s lives through its design:
- 2010 award for the Marc Newson designed oven and gas hob
- 2012 award for the PVB750-2E “concept” gas hob
- 2013 award for the SFP140 Linea aesthetic oven and for the SMEG500 refrigerator, result of a collaboration between Smeg and Fiat
- 2014 award for the TRI90BL Victoria cooker, the Stand mixer SMF01 and the toaster TSF01, Dolce Stil Novo Hob and CVI618NE wine cooler concept
- 2015 award for the Victoria TR4110 cooker and the 60cm oven, the kettle concept and the blender, and the LInea 45cm oven
- 2016 award for the the 45cm wine collers, the sommelier drawer, the 60cm oven, the laminar flame hob with artistic grids and the mixed 90cm hob, all from the new Dolce Stil Novo range
Smeg South Africa - Business Enterprise of the Year 2013: The First National Bank and the Italian-South African Chamber of Trade and Industries awarded a prestigious prize to Smeg South African subsidiary as recognition of entrepreneurial excellence.
- iF Design Award: In 2015, the stand mixer SMF01 and the toaster TSF01 have received the iF Design Award, one of the most coveted seal of excellence composed by an international high-profile jury.
Which? Best Buy 2015: With a score of 77%, Smeg TSF02 jumps straight into Which? Best Buy list
- The toaster TSF01 have received the Red Dot Design Awards 2015. The toaster has met all the criteria of evaluation of the award jury, composed by international professionals experienced in design with various background.
Designer Kitchen & Bathroom Awards 2015: the 50's style FAB fridge and the Linea 45cm ovens, have received the Design Awards for design and innovation.
- Red Dot Design Award 2016: the TR4110 Victoria cooker have received the “Red Dot: Best of the Best” for top design quality and ground-breaking design and the BLF01 50's style blender for the “Red Dot for high design quality”.