Discober how to make indulgent blackberry & apple scones - here's our reciipe!
Key ingredients : cream , blackberries
- 450g self-raising flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- Salt, pinch of
- 170g butter
- 2 eggs
- 85g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp butter milk
- 115g apple, skinned and finely diced
- 500ml double cream, whipped
- Bramble jam, to serve
- Blackberries, halved, to serve
- Preheat the oven on Circulaire (fan function) at 180°C.
- Twice sift the salt and flour & baking powder into the standmixer bowl.
- Rub in the butter, by using the beater attachment on setting 3.
- Mix until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the sugar, apples, eggs and buttermilk; mix it to soft dough.
- If it seems to dry add extra milk a little at a time, it should feel soft but notsticky.
- Remove the mix from the bowl and place onto a floured work surface.
- Using the palm of your hand shape until it reaches 3-4cm in thickness.
- Cut into rounds with very small pastry cutter.
- Place on a greased baking tray and brush with milk.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes on the Circulaire function, at 180°C until golden brown.
- Transfer the scones to an open cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, using the whisk attachment, onsetting 10, whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- Be careful not to over whip. Serve with the bramble jam, whipped cream and fresh blackberries.
- Using a small amount of icing sugar, in a sieve, dust the tops of the scones.