Looking for golden orange and vanilla cupcake recipe inspiration- look no further!
Main ingredients: orange, flour, butter, sugar.
- 175g softened butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs (beaten)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 175g self raising flour
For the orange frosting:
- 100g butter
- 200g full fat soft cheese
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 well scrubbed orange
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C on the Circulaire setting. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with large cupcake cases.
2. To make the cupcake batter, beat the butter and sugar together withan electric whisk or wooden spoon until very light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the eggs, a little at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. Sift the flour over the top andfold in with a large metal spoon.
4. Divide the cake batter between the paper cases. Bake in the middleof the oven for 20 minutes until well risen and pale golden brown.Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
5. To make the frosting, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and addthe butter and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric whisk or woodenspoon until smooth and creamy.
6. Finely grate half the orange zest and use a citrus zester to make thinstands of orange zest from the rest. Whisk in the soft cheese andfi nely grated orange zest until thoroughly combined.
7. Once the cakes are cool, pipe or swirl the frosting on top. Sprinkle a few strands of orange zest over the cakes and serve.