Who doesn't love a chocolate chip cookie? Check out our recipe below!
Main ingredients : butter, flour, sugar.
- 4oz/100g butter
- 4oz/100g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2tsp/2x5ml sp vanilla essence
- 6oz/175g self raising flour
- 1oz/25g rolled oats
- 3oz/75g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 5oz/150g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Cream butter and sugar together, gradually beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Sift flour and stir into the creamed mixture with the oats, hazelnuts and chocolate, mix well.
- Shape into a 2in/5cm diameter, 7in/18cm long sausage, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to Mark 5/190C/375F.
- Cut dough into 18, approximately 1/3in/1cm thick slices, place onto oven tray, leaving space between each.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until firm around the edges and soft in the middle. Leave to cool on the baking sheets.
- Lift off using a palate knife and store in an airtight jar or tin. Cookies are best, eaten the same day.