Main ingredients : eggs, cinnamon, ginger, golden syrup.
- 350g plain flour, plus extra for rolling out
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g butter
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- Writing icing tubes
- Silver balls
- Edible glitter
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and pour into the Smeg mixer bowl. Add the butter and mix with the beater until breadcrumb consistency. Then add in the sugar and mix again.
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the rest of the ingredients. Beat until all combined into a dough.
- Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in cling-film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C on the circulaire function. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the dough out to ½ cm thick on a lightly floured surface. Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. When cooled decorate with the writing icing and cake decorations.
Top tip: You can make your own icing with icing sugar and a little water and use a fine nozzle and piping bag.