Main ingredients : milk, sugar butter, peanut butter
- 125g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 5tbsp peanut butter/ chocolate spread
- Preheat the oven to 190°C on the fan function.
- Meanwhile place the butter, caster sugar and flour into the Smeg standmixer bowl. Using the beater attachment, on setting 3, mix until the ingredients resemble fine breadcrumbs. Slowly add the milk, until the mix forms a dough. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and place in the refrigerator, to rest, for at least 20 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out until approximately 5mm thick. Use a large star cutter, cut out as many stars as possible. Taking half of the stars, remove the centre by using a small star cutter. Do not discard the smaller stars and these can be used to make miniature cookies.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool.
- Take the complete star cookies and spread with a thin layer of Nutella. Place the hollow stars on top, to make a sandwich. With the smaller cookies, sandwich together with spread. Dust with icing sugar to serve.