Want to find out the ingredients and cooking time for toad in the hole? Check out our easy to follow recipe!
Main ingredients : milk , sausages , eggs
- 8 good quality pork sausages
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
For the batter:
- 2 large eggs
- 115g plain flour
- 225ml semi-skimmed milk
- ½ tsp flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C on Fan-assisted Circulaire setting. Place the sausages in a 2 litre shallow ovenproof dish or small roasting tin. Pour over the oil and roll the sausages around until lightly coated. Bake the sausages for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a large bowl using a large metal whisk. Add the flour, half the milk, salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Whisk the mixture until smooth, then whisk in the remaining milk until there are no lumps remaining.
- Take the sausages out of the oven and pour over the batter. Carefully return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the batter is well risen and golden brown.